2019 Street Improvement Project
Work on the 2019 Road Improvement will begin on Monday July 22, 2019. The 2019 Street Improvement Program includes road repair for:
- West State Street from Elmwood Avenue to McHenry Street
- Milwaukee Avenue from West State Street to Lewis Street
- All of Foxtree Circle
- The western end of Dale Drive
- Driveway installation at the West State Street sanitary lift station
The project includes 526 feet of sanitary sewer replacement on Milwaukee Avenue and replacement of eight lead water service lines within the State Street and Milwaukee Street portion of the project.
Paving for Foxtree Circle, Dale Drive, and the State Street Lift Station Driveway will be incorporated into the project with minor impacts to traffic. The 2019 project is expected to complete by the end of October, pending weather or other delays.
Milwaukee Avenue Phase One
The first phase of the project will include replacement of the hundred-year-old sanitary sewer in Milwaukee Ave. Unfortunately, it will be necessary to completely close Milwaukee Avenue from Lewis Street to West State Street during this phase of the project. There will not be sufficient space to allow traffic to move safely around the sewer excavation and construction crews. Traffic will be detoured down Kane Street to State Street. The work on this section of the project is expected to be completed by the end of August, pending weather or other delays.
- Milwaukee Avenue Phase One Update - September 4, 2019 - Phase One of the Milwaukee Avenue road construction project has been completed with this section of roadway open.
Milwaukee Avenue Phase Two
The second phase of the project will be West State Street from a section of Milwaukee Avenue. This work will be completed without any long term closures expected. The work on this section of the project is expected to be completed by the end of September, pending weather or other delays.
- West State Street Road Construction Update - September 10, 2019 - Road work on West State Street will continue through next week and expected to complete on or around 9/23/19. While the road will be open to traffic, it will be under construction and traffic will be controlled by a flagging crew. Access to State St from side streets, such as Conkey and Schemmer, will be limited and at times closed depending on construction activity. Please plan ahead and use alternate routes, especially during peak traffic periods. Thank you for your continued patience as we complete this important project.