Lost Pets and Strays

The City of Burlington contracts with the Wisconsin Humane Society for domestic animal control services*. If you have lost your pet or found a pet, you can reach the Police Department non-emergency number at 342.1100 or contact the WHS Racine campus at:

Wisconsin Humane Society - Racine
2706 Chicory Road
Racine, WI 53403


WHS Stray Animal Listing

* The City of Burlington does not provide services to remove wild animals and/or vermin. The Wisconsin Humane Society offers a webpage that contains information on wildlife relocation options here.

License Your Pet

Remember to license your pet annually with the City. If your pet were to stray, the tag is a valuable resource to bring them back home quickly. Find out more information about licensing your pet on the City Clerk page here.