Noxious Weeds

The Department of Public Works is responsible for control of noxious weeds, including Canada thistle, leafy spurge and field bindweed. No home or business owner shall permit the polination of noxious weeds or allow grass to grow to height of more than 12 inches in the residential or business districts of the City of Burlington. 

Complaints may be submitted to the Weed Commissioner at 262-342-1181. Notices will be sent to property owners who are in violation of municipal ordinances regarding noxious weeds. If the owner fails to remove the weeds, the City is authorized to proceed with removal and invoice the property owner for the work.

Canada Thistle

canada thistle.gif

Field Bindweed

field bindweed.gif

Leafy Spurge

leafy spurge.gif