Parks & Facilities
March 2020 Update:
City Parks are open but there are several changes that visitors should know about during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Visitors must follow social distancing practices while in the parks and on trails.
- Restrooms and drinking fountains will remain closed as we can not ensure proper sanitization.
- Playgrounds are closed. There is no way to properly sanitize these structures between use. For the protection of our youngest park visitors they must not be used.
- Team and contact sports are prohibited. All athletic fields and courts are closed.
- No pavilion rentals, park rentals, or special events will be accepted and existing rentals and reservations through Memorial Day have been canceled.
- The dog park shall remain open but social distancing must be followed and gates will not be sanitized.
What can you do in the parks?
- Fish along the beautiful Fox River, White River or Echo Lake!
- Hike, run, or bike along the miles of trails!
- Have a picnic with your family
- Take your dog to the dog park
- Take your dog for a walk, on leash, through the parks
The Parks Program is responsible for maintaining public facilities, outdoor parks and recreation facilities.
City parks are open year round from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, however public restrooms in the parks are only open May 1 through September 30. Likewise, park pavilion reservations are only available from May 1 through September 30.
The department is responsible for maintaining all 28 city parks, as well as street medians and rights of way plantings. This includes mowing approximately 217 acres, trimming trees, landscaping and painting and repair of park benches, playground equipment and buildings. The department also organizes equipment and materials for special events, such as ChocolateFest.
Ball Diamond Maintenance
The department mows and maintains all city ball diamonds. For information on leagues and programs, please contact the Community Education Department at 262-763-0219.
- Park, Open Space and Trails Plan
- Park Reservations
- Park Development Fund Project/Program Application (PDF)
The mission of the City of Burlington is to build and enhance our community by safely, respectfully, proudly and effectively executing our daily work activities. As an organization we are committed to continuous improvement.