- February 23, 1934 (PDF) - The Bank of Burlington robbery suspects taken into custody.
- June 1, 1934 (PDF) - Chief Frank Beller retires from the police department after eight years of service.
- February 8, 1935 (PDF) - Officer W Schenning is murdered in a gun fight with Reinhold Fleuker.
- February 22, 1935 (PDF) - Leonard Fisher, implicated in the Honey Creek Robbery, preliminary hearing.
- March 1, 1935 (PDF) - Leonard Fisher is sentenced.
- March 1, 1935 (PDF) - Two arrests made for a truck hi-jacking.
- March 8, 1935 (PDF) - Fisher is held for trial in Broski death.
- March 8, 1935 (PDF) - City Council approves pension for Mrs. H. Schenning.
- April 5, 1935 (PDF) - Council adds a fifth officer to the city police force.
- April 12, 1935 (PDF) - Charles Wilson and Everhard Alby are named police officers.
- February 8, 1962 (PDF) - Sergeant Anthony G. Ellers is murdered by Wilson Lee Brook
- February 15, 1962 (PDF) - Funeral for Sergeant Anthony G. Ellers.
History of Police Chiefs
The City of Burlington has had ten Police Chiefs since the first Chief was hired in 1905. The current Chief of Police is Mark J. Anderson. Please click the link to view a photo gallery of the City of Burlington's Police Chiefs through the years.