Meeting Locations & Times
First and third Tuesday of each month immediately following the Committee of the Whole meeting
Council Chambers, 224 E Jefferson Street
Mayor and Aldermen
The Common Council meets twice a month. The order of business at council meetings follows this format:
- Reading and correcting the minutes of the last preceding meeting.
- Approving minutes from the preceding Committee of the Whole workshops.
- Receiving petitions, memorials, remembrances and other communications.
- Reports of boards and commissions and select committees.
- Introduction and action on resolutions.
- Introduction and action on ordinances.
- Other business authorized by law.
An organizational meeting is held annually on the third Tuesday in April (following the spring election). The council elects a council president from its members and the Mayor makes appointments to the various commissions, boards and committees. If a regular meeting falls on a legal holiday or election day, the meeting is held the following evening. The Mayor may call a special meeting at any time by written notice to alderpersons at least six hours before the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda| View All
The entire meeting packet is available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Packet | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes| View All
Watch Live and Archived Videos of Meetings
Watch Live | Watch Archives