Click to Home
Go To Search
Facebooke-News Sign Up
Noxious Weeds
The Department of Public Works is responsible for control of noxious weeds, including Canada thistle, leafy spurge and field bindweed.  No home or business owner shall permit the polination of noxious weeds or allow grass to grow to height of more than 12 inches in the residential or business districts of the City of Burlington. 

Complaints may be submitted to the Weed Commissioner at (262) 342-1181. Notices will be sent to property owners who are in violation of municipal ordinances regarding noxious weeds. If the owner fails to remove the weeds, the City is authorized to proceed with removal and invoice the property owner for the work.

 canada thistle.gif
Canada Thistle

 field bindweed.gif
Field Bindweed

 leafy spurge.gif
Leafy Spurge