This item is to consider recommending approval of a Rezone Map Amendment request from Reesman's Excavating & Grading, Inc. for property located at 808 and 892 McHenry Street. The applicant is requesting to rezone the property from A-1, Agricultural/Holding District to Q-1, Quarrying/Extractive and M-2, General Manufacturing District. The applicant requests to allow extraction/non-metallic mining and future industrial development.
Reesman’s has also applied for a Conditional Use Permit to allow for Excavating & Grading to conduct a mining and quarrying operation that includes material extraction, crushing of gravel & stone, washing of extracted materials, and recycling of material (no blasting). A significant amount of material will be extracted and processed, resulting in notable grade changes on the property,ultimately leveling the property grade. It should be noted that the extraction process will not create a pit. Long-term plans are to create a stormwater detention pond on the site that will serve the surrounding area. Following the conclusion of mining operations on the property, it will be available for redevelopment for light industrial uses consistent with the nearby industrial park.
Upcoming Meetings & Public Hearings
All meetings are located in the Council Chambers at 224 E. Jefferson Street. Public attendance is encouraged.
- October 11, 2022 at 6:30 pm - Public Hearing for the Conditional Use Permit (CUP) request. Discussion of the Rezone Request
- November 9, 2022 at 6:30 pm. - Continuation of the Conditional Use Public Hearing and Rezone Request - These items will be continued to the December 13, 2022 agenda of the Plan Commission without discussion Nov. 9.
- December 6, 2022 at 6:30 pm - Public Hearing regarding the Rezone Request
- December 13, 2022 at 6:30 pm - Continuation of the Conditional Use Public Hearing and Rezone Request. Plan Commission consideration of the CUP and Rezone request
- December 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm - Common Council consideration of the Rezone request. This meeting will be held at the Burlington Public Library.
View Meeting Materials & Recordings