This web page is designed to help provide information on the City of Burlington’s Jefferson Street Project. Should you have any specific questions about your property or construction activities please contact Kapur & Associates at 262-757-2747 or the City of Burlington Department of Public Works at 262-342-1181.
Reconstruction of Jefferson Street from Pine Street to the railroad tracks at Bridge Street will occur beginning August 22, 2022 until the first week of November. The work on Jefferson Street includes water main and sanitary sewer main replacement, as well as reconstruction of the roadway. This substantial construction activity provides an economical opportunity to change the roadway configuration.
Traffic and Road Closures
- Jefferson Street from Pine Street to the railroad tracks at Bridge Street will be closed to through traffic beginning August 22 until the first week of November (weather pending).
- Jefferson Street from Boardwalk Apartment entrance to Spring Street will be closed to through traffic beginning September 26 until around the first week of November (weather pending).
As with all construction projects, schedules are subject to change pending weather and other unforeseen impacts. This information is intended to be as accurate as possible but may change from time-to-time. This information will be updated regularly throughout the project and as conditions change.
August 30, 2022 Update
- Sanitary sewer replacement from Pine to Bridge to be completed this week.
- Watermain work to begin. There may be disruption to the neighboring properties.
- Crews will work overnight Wednesday, August 31 through Thursday, September 1 to connect water service to McDonald’s. Construction noise may be heard in the overnight hours.
September 13, 2022 Update
- Sanitary sewer replacement complete
- Watermain work underway
- Grading scheduled to begin around September 26
- E. Jefferson from the Boardwalk Apartment entrance to Spring Street closed beginning September 26.
- Preparation for boring work under the Fox River to begin September 26.